m8 & multiple users on one machine
  • spectral

m8 & multiple users on one machine

by spectral » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:36 pm

So i have m8 2.01 authourised to my laptop, with two users. I use a clean user when i do gigs & general for extended use of m8. I have found this to work really well as my main user account has loads of extra bits that could cause some chaos somewhere.

The problem i had was when a started m8 in new user it wanted to re-authourise. Not knowing that it may use up another of my installs...i did not go ahead.

I simply moved com.garagecube.modul8.plist from User A to User B preferneces folder. User A had done the authourisation. All worked on user B from then on.

This of course only works on given machine as hardware address is linked with serial number to create an authourisation for m8 to run. ( or something like that !!!!)

Anyway enough of the ranting hope it helps
    bassballs

by bassballs » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:44 pm

I have the same setup, a clean user for performance but i went ahead and authorised it, I see that I am alowed to use my licence on two machines, so now the big question is, have i used my two authorisations now? If Yes how do I deauthorise one of the users because I want to install on my PowerMac, or is it hardware specific?

thanx

~ Anders
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:09 am

You can authorize modul8 in other users no problem. As long as it is the same machine, it won't be taken as anotehr computer being authorized ;)