Recording Clips from Live Video Capture
  • bangnoise

by bangnoise » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 am

The beginning value will be the time you started the recording - so capture and use that - or reset the stopwatch when you start recording so the beginning is 0.
  • B3Bear

by B3Bear » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:59 am

Gotcha! Thanks man.
  • crissantos

Re: Recording Clips from Live Video Capture

by crissantos » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Hello. I am new user of modul8 and i am trying to record some live video (from my web cam for exemple) to use in modul8.
    I've read here that I have to install syphon recorder to do this. I did it but I still don't understand how to use syphon... I just can see the logo turning and turning...
    My syphon client window doesn't give me options to choose my camera (video input) image.
    I am a little bit lost... :/ Could anyone help me ? ;)

Me
    ps. sorry for the bad english !
    The Midi Thief
    master

Re: Recording Clips from Live Video Capture

by The Midi Thief » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm

I don't know if Syphon is the right way to do this. Well you could set up Quartz Composer or some other app to record video and send to the Syphon Recorder app but it doesn't sound like what you want? Live sampling of video is not as easy it seems. The easiest way to record video would be in the Quicktime 7 app (it's in the Archive menu). Maybe you must have a registered pro version, I'm not sure. It's not expensive and one of those app you should have.

I just released a watch folder module that could automagically import your recordings to Modul8's media set if you'd like to do it on the fly: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8317