A/V loop sound trick?
    maxrobin

A/V loop sound trick?

by maxrobin » Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

I use Modul8 as an A/V loop sampler. Quite nice. Is there a way sound not to drop out when it loop? It drop out for a really short time but you can hear it.
    It doesn't effect synchronization because I configured my sp505 sampler via midi with the sound of those video, so when I press a pad on it the sp play the sound of the loop and Modul8 play the video. That way, even after several loops, the sound and the vid are still synchronized. That being said, I would really like to use only Modul8.
    I thought maybe it was a codec limitation. I tried Photo-JPEG, DV NTSC and h264.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:18 am

So is the problem that theres a delay at the end of a clip as it goes back to the start to loop or when changing from one clip to another?

I'd recommend loading your clips to ram, you can get to the setting via the i icon on the media set window. Photo JPEG should play quickest of the 3 you're trying. Also the faster the hard drive the better - don't run off USB. Firewire or better will give you the quickest access to clips. USB can be affected by other peripherals plugged in.
  • oicho

by oicho » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:10 am

got any tips with cutting video to exact length so it loops the same as the audio tempo
    maxrobin

by maxrobin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 am

lotech wrote:So is the problem that theres a delay at the end of a clip as it goes back to the start to loop

No delay. It's more like the last frame of the loop have no sound.

oicho wrote:got any tips with cutting video to exact length so it loops the same as the audio tempo

Ableton Live. Really, it is the quickest way. (I tried so many things)
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:35 pm

oicho wrote:got any tips with cutting video to exact length so it loops the same as the audio tempo

The BPM modules
  • kallis

by kallis » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:09 am

According to me modul8 is the only best A/V loop sampler, generally it drops down sound for the short period which can be heard but I don’t think it will affect a lot. If we follow the instruction given by lotech may be there are chances of avoiding such loop sound. According to me you should try to decrease the FPS of your video by 5-10 this might help you in synchronizing the audio with the video,or else you can try some professional software to do the task but make sure before trying those out you read the review carefully.Any ideas on how to avoid this short sound will be appreciable.
    leolodreamland

Re:

by leolodreamland » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:41 pm

mowgli_uk wrote:

The BPM modules

how?
    master

Re: A/V loop sound trick?

by The Midi Thief » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 pm

I know you've seen it but if anybody else is looking for how to animate video loops to the BPM, look no further: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8017
    VJFranzK
    super8 member

by VJFranzK » Thu May 03, 2012 4:42 am

It would be interesting to watch some examples of sets that you have been doing also?

Links?

I soon will be doing more with this type of thing,
    and I have had some success with experimenting along these lines.
    youtube.com/vjfranzk
    Subscribe! ;-)
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 am

Yes, but we edit our performance documentation to one track used during the performance so I don't think we have a video that shows the exact beatloop music relation.
    http://vimeo.com/instructions/videos. This is probably one of the best: http://vimeo.com/13005035