which midi controler
    chromafresh
    super8 member

knobs

by chromafresh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:16 am

Regarding knobs.
    I was using the BCR-2000 for about a month and had it pretty tightly mapped out to tweak features all over modul8, but when it came down to it, it was pretty damn near impossible to keep track of everything and even a template didn't help that much.
    I haven't looked into it after that, but I figure there are about 12-15 features I use alot and mapping to some midi control would be a time-saver for those... maybe.
    Make sure you look at what you use alot, and consider a controller that matches your style, rather than just trying to maximize the modul8 feature set.

Your mileage may vary.

I still think the Mawzer would be pretty tight if it could be set up to emulate the modul8 interface, but they still haven't released product?! unbelievable.
  • brain

by brain » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:51 am

senterio wrote:Don't love knobs. If it were a choice it would be lots of faders as well as two jog dials.

for LOTS of faders and a wheel check the JL COOPER Minidesk. Its tiny and well built.

But the problem with faders is that they only make sense on global controls like master speed, master size, background color... for LAYER parameters the position of the faders would have to change from layer to layer or you will get value jumps when moving a fader in a different layer. this can be solved by motorized faders, but some cheapo product like the behringer BCF will die on you quite soon. for that reason i seriously recommend endless encoders like in the Faderfox, best combined with some faders for mixing and global controls like in the Faderfox DJ2 or LC2.The modular approach of these units makes it possible to combine them to suit one's needs.
  • Larky

by Larky » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:52 pm

I just got myself a Novation Remote Zero SL, £180 and perfect for Modul8 IMHO. I have a MIDI map available if anyone wants it.
  • Larky

by Larky » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:45 pm

And here it is: www.ingenieursonline.co.uk/IngenieursM8.zip

An info page saying what is where will go on my site soon, but everything is labeled clearly. Use the Novation software to get it onto your Novation.

Info page, Map thing: http://www.ingenieursonline.co.uk/Ingen ... on_Map.jpg