M8 with VMX v.64
  • mosu

M8 with VMX v.64

by mosu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi there!
    I just got the fresh VMX V64 from codanova,
    and it's my first MIDI controller.

After I tried to map them together in several ways with different dipswitch settings, I found there is always not that perfect match in my thought.
    though is a mode called SPECIAL mode in dipswitch option, I found this one is almost close with what I want.

more info about the dipswitch from CODANOVA forum:

Functioning of Dipswitch for V64:
    The state of Dipswitch will modify the configuration of the 80 switchs and of the Jog. The dipswitch selector used will operate various changes such as mentioned below (value in round brackets represent the state of the selector):

- 1 : choice of MIDI message : control change (0) / note on-off (1)

- 2 : choice of the Jog resolution : 128 (0) / 32 (1)

- 3 : choice of mode for the little block of buttons of the left bottom (2x4_A): non latch (0) / latch (1)

- 4 : choice of mode for the little block of buttons of the right bottom (2x4_B): non latch (0) / latch (1)

- 5 : choice of mode for the big block of buttons (4x16): 4 radio lines (0) / latch (1)

- 6 : choice of SPECIAL mode : two little block in radio and big block in controlled latch (active at 1). ( priority mode on mode 3-4-5)

- 7 : choice of ROM boot (active at 1). ( priority mode on mode 1-2-3-4-5-6)

- 8 : choice of boot on one of the two ROM: ROM 1 (0) / ROM 2 (1)

So I have a question:

is there any way to modify the setting or code? or rewrite the ROM?? ( I dont real understand how to call it correctly)
    to make top big block of buttons into "radio mode in 4X4" <--- it's more like M8's mediaset layout..

I want to have a mode like "two little block in radio, big block in two 4X4 radio and two 4X4 controlled latch"
    is it possible?? how to change it ?

btw, is there anyone who also got the v64? hope we can share some inforamtions...

thx~
    -
    beginner from Taiwan.
  • mosu

Re: M8 with VMX v.64

by mosu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:17 pm

If there is anyone has v64, I'm glad to see how you map the MIDI key,
    that will be a lots of help~!
    -
    beginner from Taiwan.