AUDIO-Again, but from a different perspective and a newbie
  • howbeit

AUDIO-Again, but from a different perspective and a newbie

by howbeit » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm coming to modul8 primarily as a final cut pro editor and am pretty up to speed w/ the program. However, I'm trying--to much frustration--to figure out how to mix audio into my performances.

I want to be able to play songs, but also, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, other types of audio bytes--some of which should be synchronized to the video.

What's the best way to do this?

I'm on a Mac platform, using Modul8 (obviously), and have explored demos of ableton live and numerology.

Couldn't figure out ableton live... what should the set-up be if I want to choose audio clips, but mostly focus my work in Modul8. I don't anticipate adding effects to the audio--I just want to be able to select them to play and perhaps choose different points in them. I also want to be able to synch some video clips with their audio (an interview for instance).

Numerology was quite cool--in terms of running effects on Modul8, but I didn't get it at all as an audio program.

Lastly, I have only ONE COMPUTER--two screens--and have a BHR2000 midi controller.

All help is greatly appreciated.

- howbeit