One Video over many surfaces
  • crephix

One Video over many surfaces

by crephix » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 pm

How is it possible to project one video over many surfaces ? I use MapMapMap or MadMapper as Mapping-Software. Do I need another Software for that effect?

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWnhJzvM ... re=related to see what i mean.

Best Regards,
    crephix
  • ilan

Re: One Video over many surfaces

by ilan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:34 pm

MadMapper is the best tool for the job.
  • crephix

by crephix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:09 am

Can you describe how i should realize this ? I think I have to change all surfaces on the input side and have to work very carefully to match it perfectly hm ??

It isnt possible (a feature or whatever) to realize it on another way hm ? :/. Really annoying -.-
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 am

Yes, there is. Hire someone who knows how to do it with MadMapper and concentrate yourself on the stuff you know about. Or read what people talking on forums, read manual, watch videos, experiment i.e. take time to master the app yourself.
    You are wrong, it is not annoying at all.
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Mapping is a technique. https://vimeo.com/32202024

It takes time to do it right. Before MadMapper the process was infinitely more complicated and those that did it took great pride and joy in the process. MadMapper and other similar tools, simplified the process and as a result a lot more people are happily mapping away.

Despite the fancy new tools we have, there is still a lot of work to do it right. Videos like the example provided above, demonstrate this.

The moment this process becomes fully automated it will no longer be unique and interesting because anyone will be able to do it.

Do the necessary work and you will find satisfaction in the process and the result.
  • crephix

by crephix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Question to the posted video above ( http://vimeo.com/32202024 ):
    At 1:30 you can see, that some surfaces light up with a color (for example in BPM Teampo) and the outlines are animated. Is this a video, where you have to map the input or a effect of modul8 ? How is this possible when I do the mapping with MadMapper? I think they took a picture of the white Boxes and animated it in After Effects as a full video am I right ??

Thanks again,
    crephix
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:03 pm

The lines were definitely done in After Effects. They actually did not have to take a picture because they designed and built the structure. It is likely that once they had the design of the structure that they started to create the content even before the sculpture was built.

You would need to take a spacial scan if the structure already existed. But with this kind of simple structure you could just create a map and export it as PNG.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:21 pm

vanakaru wrote:Yes, there is. Hire someone who knows how to do it with MadMapper and concentrate yourself on the stuff you know about. Or read what people talking on forums, read manual, watch videos, experiment i.e. take time to master the app yourself.
    You are wrong, it is not annoying at all.

Haha, Vanakaru, don't be such a Sleepytom!