M8 with TrippleHead2 Go: 2projecors AND 1control monitor
  • Dschuulzs

M8 with TrippleHead2 Go: 2projecors AND 1control monitor

by Dschuulzs » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Hey guys,

i found a lot of stuff about the triple head card itself. But I did not find information about a special setup described below:
    I have a MBP 13" so I don't have a big screen for Modul8 to handle all those options while I am working. I would like to
    use the Matrox 3head to go for a setting with to projectors running the visuals and one control screen running on the third
    output of the 3head. Do I have a chance to get this setup running, any experiences? Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!

Yours Dschuulzs
  • vanakaru
    master

Re: M8 with TrippleHead2 Go: 2projecors AND 1control monitor

by vanakaru » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 am

TH2Go splits very wide video YOU output into 3 segments and sends it to 3 different monitors(projectors). If you can put the video you want to see on the monitor on one of the 3 segments then you have it.
  • Dschuulzs

by Dschuulzs » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks for your reply. I think I did not explain it very well... I am using Modul8, of your course in Fullscreen mode. The 13" Display of my MBP is so small that I would love to use one of the 3head to go outputs for mirroring my controls of modul8 while driving the other two outputs as show outputs.

That I have to arrange my content in a special way using a multiple output card is obvious. Maybe this idea is a bit too strange ;-) Thanks a lot guys
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Dschuulzs wrote: while driving the other two outputs as show outputs.

What other two outputs?
    The key to understand if this is possible is that TH2Go takes ONE output(usually custom made 3x wide) and splits this into 3 separate outputs. So the box(TH2Go) gets the M8 full screen out already - all of it. There are NO 3 outputs -just one. So to my understanding you can not do what you want.
    You may want to go into USB-VGA adapters and mirror the main display with it on your larger monitor instead.
  • Dschuulzs

by Dschuulzs » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Hey ....I think I got it right now. Just because I read that you can drive the triple head in dual mode I thought you might use the third (in this mode unused) DVI-Output as a single Output.
    So that is not possible. But your alternative sounds very interesting! That means that you can use the Minidisplayport with a TH2Go and via USB it is possible to have an additional Display??
    Also via Thunderbolt? How many displays can you use at most using all those adapter options?

That is great - thanks!