iPad with Modul8
  • reitek

iPad with Modul8

by reitek » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 pm

I've used a few different setups to use my iPad as a midi controller for Modul8. I ran into this app a while back and it's been the best one I've used so far. Midi Designer Pro lets you make your own midi interface and connects to the computer via wifi or you can hard wire using the iRig or the iConnect. Unlimited buttons,knobs,sliders at your disposal is a pleasure and the app is constantly updated with new features. It's worth taking a look for those who want to use their iPad as a controller.

http://mididesigner.com/

https://itunes.apple.com/app/midi-desig ... n-mpt=uo=4

http://iconnectivity.com/
    The Midi Thief
    master

Re: iPad with Modul8

by The Midi Thief » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 am

Most people use Touch OSC or the Lemur app.
  • reitek

by reitek » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:03 pm

All good. Just spreading along some info.
    VjKg
    super8 member

by VjKg » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:50 pm

I own Touch and Lemer but this looks promising. I like the two page idea and for the price of free I am downloading as I type.
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 am

The Lemur is superior to TouchOSC. While I am not deep into either options, with the Lemur and the Lemur editor, it is really convenient to be able to edit and test your templates simultaneously, as opposed to TouchOSC where you have to create your template, then load it into the iPad, then test it. If you make a mistake you have to go through the process again. If one is willing to spend the extra cash and does a lot of control with the iPad, the Lemur option is definitely worth it.
  • cjzooz

i could use a hand, please!

by cjzooz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm liking this thread with all of these midi app suggestions. Being rather new at the midi controller realm(& v-mixing in general), I think it's the best thing to have a fully customizable interface.

So far I'm tinkering with TouchOSC & I'm practicing with it by mapping the primary interface to my iPad mini. Could someone tell me what the best solution is for me to make a TouchOSC button to select/highlight an individual layer without changing the fader or blackout key. My goal is to be able to select/highlight that specific layer and change any parameters i want.

So far all I have in mind is to make TouchOSC controls for everything that shows up in green on the midi editor. I'm just saying it'd be nice to leave their opacity levels alone during tweaks.

Thanks guys!
  • anomad
    master

Re: i could use a hand, please!

by anomad » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:08 am

cjzooz wrote:So far all I have in mind is to make TouchOSC controls for everything that shows up in green on the midi editor. I'm just saying it'd be nice to leave their opacity levels alone during tweaks.

. when you enter MIDI learn, change from 'FOCUS' to 'POSITION' (in the menu bar on top ) then click to the right of the opacity and you can assign a MIDI note to make the layer active.

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • te-c
    super8 member

MIDI Feedback and Touch OSC

by te-c » Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 pm

For me Touch OSC over Core MIDI works well. Only one thing. If I have two controls on different pages but for the same control in Modul8 only one fader get feedback, the one Control on the other page doesn't react.
    What I mean exactly is:

On page one I build a fader for layer opacity for layer one in Modul8. I connect the fader via Core MIDI and Touch OSC with the MIDI Feedback module from UdArt. Everything works well. Now I build a second page in Touch OSC and build the same fader with the same function on this site. If I use the fader the feedback works only on the activated page. The fader on the first page doesn't react. Anything I'm doing wrong? It's the same MIDI number and channel for both faders.

Anybody have the same problem?

I've post the question also into the post for UdArts Two Way MIDI Feddback module.
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///