Multiple MIDI Controllers with Modul8
  • LotteZ

Multiple MIDI Controllers with Modul8

by LotteZ » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if is possible to connect two MIDI-controllers to Modul8 and being able to map the buttons/dials/faders of both without them overlapping.

For instance:
    I now have a Behringer BCR2000 and a Novation Launchpad connected to Modul8.
    And when I map both contollers, some of the buttons and dials tend to trigger the same actions in the software (send out the same MIDI info).

Could somebody give me a nudge in the right direction?
    I am running in circles here, even though I feel that this should be basic stuff and no rocket science at all...

Thanx!
  • ilan

Re: Multiple MIDI Controllers with Modul8

by ilan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:52 pm

They are probably using the same MIDI notes, etc. Use the device utility for each and change the addresses so that the controls do not overlap/clash with each other.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:54 pm

. i usually set the MIDI channel of each device to be unique. ie, xbox controller channel5, ohm36 channel 3 for notes, channel 4 for CC's, etc.

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • kathi62

by kathi62 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:10 am

I had started working with Modul8 some time back, but I was not successful in creating this external window. I would like you to know how you are going on with your work and anyone who can help regarding this problem.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:10 pm

As said: you need to reprogram your MIDI controllers to send noted or CC in different channels. Install MIDI Monitor to check what gets sent.