Setting preference for fluid movie
  • vjbelamy

Setting preference for fluid movie

by vjbelamy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Hello everyone. I have a macbook pro 2011 with dual core - 8gb ram ssd and -Modul8 is installed on - let me know if there are settings in the preferences (such as memory allocation, etc.) to make sure that the movie manage to turn more fluids in Modul8. the movie that usually I post are not large, they arrive at the max to 6-8 mbyte without sound (I have to convert them because in hd can not run them fluids).usually convert them into mp4 with a software "kigo video converter" - you can tell me other software faster to convert movies and shrink? in what format should I convert movies? do you think there is some setting in MODUL8 I need to change? thank you !!
  • anomad
    master

Re: Setting preference for fluid movie

by anomad » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:41 pm

"Postby anomad » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:37 am

. if you search the forums, there is a lot of discussion regarding performance of clips on various machines.

. in short, download MPEG Streamclip ( http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html )

. convert your clips to MJPEG-B , 85%, no audio. you're using a lot of CPU to decode the H.264 files...

. run them from the SSD, change your preferences so that files are run from disk if greater than a small amount (~10MB) so they'll just play off the SSD"
  • vjbelamy

by vjbelamy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:56 am

hello and thanks for the reply. then I have to go the last step in the preferences and set these parameters? you can tell me with a picture, one screenshoot the point?
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:24 pm

. in 'Preferences'
    . in the 'Medias' tab : 'When imported, a media is stored in memory when its size is less than' - set to 5 MBytes

. and if your videos don't have sound, check 'Always Ignore Sound Channels'

-james
    (a nomad. )