Monty_Python_Mouth_Animation
  • Kurt

Monty_Python_Mouth_Animation

by Kurt » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:06 pm

I've been messing around with using sound-in on the automove to sync a lowerlip & jaw mouth movement over a still image.
    Its pretty cool! You can talk live into a microphone and have George Bush speak your words on the screen!

PROBLEM: The lowerlip & jaw move UP with increases in volume of the sound in. In order to get the effect of the mouth opening properly, the mouth needs to open DOWN with volume increases.

I have tried rotating, even messing with modules to make it work. If someone would suggest a fix or a module solution, it could be very useful to many types of voiceover-animation situations.

_Kurt
  • Plastique

by Plastique » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:47 pm

Hey thats cool!

So is the clip very short and you are using sound in to activate his jaw movement? How does Auto Move come into it?
  • jm302
    super8 member

by jm302 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:10 pm

Greetings,

This is my usual answer, but, Quartz Composer should be able to do that. You'd build your movie file in QC and there are several math modules that allow you to invert values and all that good stuff. QC is a tad intimidating at first, but there are a bunch of sites where people post their compositions so you can see exactly how they were built (that helped me out a LOT when getting started with it).

The other option is building yourself a custom module to do the same thing, but I personally think QC is easier to grok than the Python scripting language.

Lastly, as a nerd, Monty Python rules. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Justin
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist" -- Anonymous

http://www.302acid.com