Hi Modul8 lovers,
We received a lot of feedback after releasing the first Release Candidate (RC1) of Modul8 3.0, thanks for that!
Aside from the bug reports, some of you complained about the new color scheme of the interface.
We took your feedback into account, and good news: for better lisibility, Orange is back in the RC2!
We also figured out problems when loading projects made using Modul8 2.x, so we decided to transfer some of the media settings that were in the preferences to a new Edit → Project Settings window, along with the stage settings that were previously in a dedicated window.
Those settings are now stored in the project, making things a lot more consistent when moving projects between machines.
Note: if you’re loading a project made in Modul8 2.x and were using a custom preview aspect-ratio in the preferences, you can get the same working environment by changing the stage aspect-ratio in the new Project Settings window. This way only the width of the stage will be modified (the height will remain untouched at 480) and the application will behave the same way it was in Modul8 2.x.
- Modul8 may freeze when double-clicking on a project in the Finder, use File -> Open Project... instead
- In modules, the text may be too large on non-retina displays
- Mask (global) module is absent, it will be back in the next release
Let us know what you think!
Version 3.0 RC2 build 180629_46B54BAD87 (expiration date July, 31st 2018) - this version requires macOS 10.9.5+
- Added Edit -> Project Settings window that lets you change stage and media settings that will be saved in the project instead of being stored in the preferences
- New layer transform option: fill stage
- Refined user-interface: several ergonomic improvements + orange is back
- Improved image thumbnail quality
- Improved image info in inspector
- Fixed garageCube USB DMX delay
- Fixed folder player image ordering when stored on an APFS-formatted drive
- Fixed image not loaded in the right size when loading a Modul8 2.x project
- Fixed crash when loading images with a very low max size image setting
- Fixed splash-screen not always disappearing after launch
Modul8 3.0 is an universal app, meaning it contains both 64 and 32-bit binaries.
By default it runs in 64-bit mode to take advantage of the full system's memory.
To put the app in 32-bit mode and benefit from the legacy features, press cmd+I on Modul8.app and check "Open in 32-bit mode" in the information window.
Please note that 32-bit version of Modul8 doesn't support NDI.
This Public Beta version is available for any users who own a serial which is compatible with modul8 2.9.xx.
To download it, use the modul8 yourspace page :