suggestions: color of sliders and speed of auto rotate
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

suggestions: color of sliders and speed of auto rotate

by JJHP3 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Hello

I've used modul8 for many years now - it is always the best solution for image quality imho. I do have two suggestions, one directly relating to the newest beta and one from years past.

1. New beta: the blue against the gray of the sliders does have enough contrast to see clearly in darkened conditions. Blue could be brighter/lighter against the medium gray of the background?

2. All versions: I've always wished that the auto rotate had a more logarithmic feel so that there is more wiggle room at the slow end. I've always working in the first 5 mm of the sliders. I never use the high speed settings.

Thanks for a great program and support,

John
  • morph
    activ8 member

Re: suggestions: color of sliders and speed of auto rotate

by morph » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 am

I whole heartedly agree on the logarithmic sliders, for autorotate, an especially in the Filters FX Animate Speed fader. Also there is a very similar issue with the Part.Sec knob in the Particle generator. Both of these I am constantly microadjusting in the very low settings.

Thanks for bringing this up.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:24 am

You can easily create a module with a slider that goes from 0.0 to 0.1 or even 0.005 or something and make it quite wide. There, you will have a lot of resolution in your small range value.

Check the manual starting at page 111 for help regarding the module creation. It's very easy to do what you need, no coding needed.
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

by JJHP3 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:37 am

Thanks for the information on scaling. Will explore!
  • geoffmatters
    activ8 member

by geoffmatters » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 am

There are also modules such as "LB - Fine Tune" that let you set the value of anything via hi-res slider or typing a numerical value.

But, I agree that many GUI elements would benefit from a logarithmic response... and since it is just GUI, and the results of the keyword values won't change, this change can be made safely without disturbing people's saved projects.

"trace" is another candidate, except I am usually fine-tuning in the 0.99-1.0 range to get a trace which lasts as long as an audio echo does, but still fades away eventually.