Dear modul8 beta-testers,
Here’s the second beta version of Modul8 3.1 that introduces proper support for HAPQ Alpha codec through FFmpeg.
modul8 3.1 Beta 2 build 181115_FE3EAFA49B (expiration date December, 15th 2018) - this version requires macOS 10.9.5+
- Added hardware-decoding support for HAP files, including HAPQ and HAPQ Alpha dramatically improving playback performance (FFmpeg)
- Improved playback performance for ProRes formats (AVFoundation)
- Improved playback performance for H265/HEVC formats (AVFoundation)
- Fixed problems switching between AVFoundation & FFmpeg players
- Fixed movie playback trigger using AVFoundation
- Fixed Logical Record rendering freezing the application
- Fixed audio playing when disabled in the preferences
- Fixed keyboard mapping not handling shift modifier
The Beta build is available on https://yourspacemodul8.garagecube.com/.
The garageCube team