Hi Modul8 users!
Here comes the new Modul8 v3 Beta 8 with its share of improvements and fixes!
Previous Beta 7 featured a 64-bit application and was a big improvement over previous betas because it made all the system's RAM available for ultra-HD movies.
The downside was that the 32-bit-only features like Freeframe plugins were gone.
With Beta 8, Modul8 is now an universal app, meaning it contains both 64 and 32-bit binaries.
By default it runs in 64-bit mode to take advantage of the full system's memory.
To put the app in 32-bit mode and benefit from the legacy features, press cmd+I on Modul8.app and check "Open in 32-bit mode" in the information window.
Version v3 BETA 8 build 170227_CB470AD (expiration date March, 31 2017)
v3 requires macOS 10.9+
* Modul8 is now an universal application (32 & 64-bit)
* Improved movie trigger responsiveness by loading the first frame at import-time
* Improved memory management to take advantage of 64bit and all the RAM of the system
* Fixed Syphon output glitching when loading the software
* Fixed preview window glitches
* Fixed crash when quitting after using the logical-rendering
* Fixed logical-rendering status display on retina screens
* Fixed movie loading status
* Fixed v2.x projects loading
* Brought back image preload
This Public Beta version is available from today for any users who own a serial which is compatible with modul8 2.9.xx.
To download it, use the modul8 yourspace page :