Problems with Madmapper, Teensy and led numbers on
  • EduCortina

Problems with Madmapper, Teensy and led numbers on

by EduCortina » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Hello, I wanted to consult you a question and problem that I have with the connection through Madmapper, Tensy 3.2, and the titorial of MadMapperLEDTutorial_files 2.
    The problem is that using different types of LED strips such as a 5 meter strip or a panel of 32 by 8 LEDs, they do not all work, they light up on the 5 meter strip a little more than half and on a panel of 32 meters. 8, light up 177, I have changed the number of Leds in Madmapper and everything is the same, the two plates are supplied with a ring and they still do not illuminate completely.
    I have tried with other codes, programming in Arduino that come in the zip file and they do get illuminated all.
    Will something have to change in the programming for the Teensy?
    Thank you very much everyone in advance
    Attachments
    IMG_20190401_211559.jpg
    Preferencias Madmapper
    IMG_20190401_211559.jpg (151.48 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
  • Teunkneus
    activ8 member

Re: Problems with Madmapper, Teensy and led numbers on

by Teunkneus » Fri May 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Hello, I wanted to consult you a question and problem that I have with the connection through Madmapper, Tensy 3.2, and the titorial of MadMapperLEDTutorial_files 2.
    The problem is that using different types of LED strips such as a 5 meter strip or a panel of 32 by 8 LEDs, they do not all work, they light up on the 5 meter strip a little more than half and on a panel of 32 meters. 8, light up 177, I have changed the number of Leds in Madmapper and everything is the same, the two plates are supplied with a ring and they still do not illuminate completely.
    I have tried with other codes, programming in Arduino that come in the zip file and they do get illuminated all.
    Will something have to change in the programming for the Teensy?
    Thank you very much everyone in advance
    Do I understand correctly that you are using different brands/chips of LED's?
    Then maybe with a teensy and octo board you can add them in different universes, but when in one long string it wouldn't work because of the different way of data.
    I guess you also need to tweak the tutorial code to accept multiple brands of led's for the different outputs
  • cosonero

by cosonero » Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am

Hi,
    you may need to add more DMX universes. 1 universe controls 512 channels. If every LED uses 3 channels (R,G,B) this means you are controling (512/3) about 170 LED points.
    This subject is covered in the "madmapper LED output tutorial" on page 7 out of 8.
    Multiply by 3 the total LED number you want to control and then divide by 512 to get the number of DMX universes you need.
    hope this is still relevant for you ;)
    Ruben
  • EduCortina

by EduCortina » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:18 am

SI así es, tal como comentas, muchas gracias por vuestra atención, disculpad el retraso