Blackout laser
  • Fabioquiet

Blackout laser

by Fabioquiet » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Hi, I am using madlaser + etherdream 3 + Laserworld PL-5000RGB MK2 and I have a problem that after 2-3 minutes of work the laser goes to blackout. I did a first test and I had this problem, then the next day I did a new test and it didn't give me problems for several hours of use, third day of test again it blacked out after 2-3 minutes. Any idea what this might depend on? The laser is new and in demo mode it's fine. When it goes black out, the "Laser emission" led is on. I don't understand where the problem comes from. I will doing test with a FB4 in a week, but in the meantime I would to know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix the problems.
    Thank you
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Blackout laser

by franz » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:36 pm

PL5000 does have a shownet input, try that instead of etherdream (as the driver might be a bit buggy)
  • Fabioquiet

Re: Blackout laser

by Fabioquiet » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:20 pm

I realized that my problem is not with the laser. Even if I don't link ether dream to the laser, after 1-2 minutes the color of the led of ether dream changes (when the color of the led changes, the output stops). Is there any setting in madmapper that can cause this freeze on ether dream? I have updated ether dream firmware but always the same problem. But I don't know why on the second day of testing everything went well, and ether dream was ok for several hours. However, I also wrote to illumn to ask for their opinion. If you have any suggestions let me know. thank you