WANTED! VJs to mix at Burning Man 2007!
  • spongemonkey

WANTED! VJs to mix at Burning Man 2007!

by spongemonkey » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:29 am

I am helping to coordinate VJs to mix at the Opulent Temple sound camp at Burning Man this year. If you are going and would like to mix some night, read on and contact us!

VJs needed - Burning Man - Black Rock Desert - 27th August - 3th September

Hello everyone. We are looking for VJs to take 1-3 hour slots at Burning Man 2007 (if you are interested in a longer set just let us know). We are *ontheflyfilms and have been VJing for the Opulent Temple (www.opulenttemple.org) and Opel Productions (www.opelproductions.com) in San Francisco for many years. The Opulent Temple is on the 2 o'clock corner of Burning Man (check out the map at www.burningman.com - it's one of the two prime spots). Opulent Temple is one of the biggest sound camps on the playa.

Past guests on the decks in their famous flame throwing DJ booth 'the O Pod' include Tiesto, Stanton Warriors, Paul Oakenfold, Lee Coombs, DJ Dan, Hybrid, Sandra Collins, D:Fuse, The Scumfrog, Freq Nasty, Tipper, Josh Gabriel (of Gabriel & Dresden), Bassnectar (Lorin) and others.

Burning Man is a not for profit event, and thus none of us receive payment, but if you are planning to be at Burning Man, and want to jump in and mix a set, please send a demo reel to ot@ontheflyfilms.com (ideally we could visit a website, if you have to send a qt please keep it small), and we'll try to slot you in. I'll say this much, its a hell of a lot of fun.

We mix from sunset to sunrise from tuesday through saturday night. Help us blow it up. we are looking for experienced VJs. we will have at least one V4 mixer, and DVD players to match, we may have some live cameras, and there will be two 14' circular screens.

if you have any specific needs/desires please include them in your email. thanks! hope to see you on the playa! (note: if you want to join the opulent temple camp you can do so at www.opulenttemple.org for a small fee)
  • spongemonkey

by spongemonkey » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 am

Well I was a bit bummed I got no takers from here, but I still had a blast myself and VJ'ed one of my best sets - all to the music of DJ Dan, The Scumfrog, & Dylan Rhymes.
    Quite epic indeed!
  • helium_micro

by helium_micro » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:21 pm

Dude, I think I saw your set. Very nice! I'm such an ass for not checking these boards before I went to Burning Man. I would have loved to play there. Alas, I spent my time setting up the Playa Flya, http://picasaweb.google.com/plutonomy/B ... 1900168786 A mobile VJing Tricycle, and since the streets were rough, I ended up doing my projections onto the outside of the Roots Society dome nearer to my camp. We'll have to hook up next year, or if you're in the Bay area, or nearer to Tahoe look me up. More videos on my web site: helium-visuals.com.

peace.
    H - E - L - I - U - M
    www.helium-visuals.com