Stockholm | Berlin (artistexchange, pt 1, Berlin 29.03.08)
  • JoelDittrich.se

Stockholm | Berlin (artistexchange, pt 1, Berlin 29.03.08)

by JoelDittrich.se » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:51 am

Stockholm | Berlin

Outline:

Stockholm | Berlin is an artistexchange and a presentation of electronic dance music artists from both cities. However, as both are the capitals of their country they both represent a larger cultural background and context.

Since the cultural issue in electronic dance music is more than "just party", the organizers of the event wish to discuss theoretical implications, art aspects, present current work projects of the artists and support the cultural exchange. A meeting in the swedish embassy in berlin will be held on the 29.03.08 in the early evening, followed by an event at 103 club, Berlin. Viceversa, this will also take place in Stockholm, Sweden with the support of the Goethe-Institut in 11.04.08.

Berlin, 29.03.08

Timetable:

17:00 Meeting, Pressconference
    17:30 Presentation/ Reading/ Discussion: Cultural Implications of EDM;
    19:00 End of meeting in the embassy;
    24:00 Event/ Party at Club 103, Falckensteinstr., Berlin/Kreuzberg

Presentation for the Goethe-Institut/ Swedish Embassy

According to participants and observers, electronic dance music (EDM) scenes are zones for social, spiritual and physical transgression. However, EDM also crystallizes hierarchies and exclusion. While illuminating some of the cultural characteristics of EDM, this talk highlights processes of gendering, sexualization and ethnification on transnational as well as local EDM scenes. The presenters will draw upon literature, ethnographic material as well as personal experiences as participants in these scenes. Anna Gavanas (social anthropologist and DJ) will make an introduction drawing upon her recent interview study among DJs/ producers in Berlin, London and Stockholm. Subsequently, Anna Ostrom (club promoter and DJ), Mats Almegard (journalist and DJ) will address power relations in the Stockholm club scene. Finally, Aroma (label owner, artist and DJ) will conclude the discussion drawing upon Berlin based as well as international experiences. (Text: Anna Gavanas)

Lineup, Party 29.03.08 @ 103 Club, Berlin:

Stroem Crew:
    Hakan Lidbo, Andreas Tilliander, Mats Almegard

Kvinnosaksklubben:
    Dr. Gavana, Mikronesien, Funky Tuna

Svaj Crew:
    Anaya, Ola, Sol (vocals), Joel Dittrich (live visuals)

Support by Berlin Label Crews

Aromamusic:

DJ Aroma aka Discopunk (live), DJ Deelay, sport4minus (live visuals)

Netlag:
    Tea:More (live)

Funkhaus Turbo:

Frankie Flowerz aka Mohan Das
  • JoelDittrich.se

by JoelDittrich.se » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:02 pm

btw, are there any other interesting events/exhibitions/clubs/etc not to miss out on in Berlin between 28 mars - 1 april?! :P
  • JoelDittrich.se

by JoelDittrich.se » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 pm

A bit late I know, but we really need to borrow or rent a videomixer, (since my Panasonic WJ-MX 50 wont fit in the packing,) its for this one single party at 103 Club in Berlin 29.03.2008!!!

Anybody that can help out/rent out? I can promise a bit of cash or even better my mixer for you to borrow at events in Sweden, or I could help out around things in the scene, like guestlists and *supersecret* raveparty infos, etc etc!

PLZ!