2 more NYC shows
  • skyvat
    activ8 member

2 more NYC shows

by skyvat » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:25 pm

Greetings again:

In addition to this Saturdays TAGTEAM event (www.spitandducttape.com) I'll be performing at 2 other venues next week

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Tuesday July 13th
    Flix & Mix @ Sugar
    311 Church Street
    7pm - happy hour 5-7
    FREE

Flix & Mix is a regular event hosted at Sugar (www.sugarnyc.com), a swank Tribeca Lounge/Bar/Restaurant. This evening it will present a showcase of experimental short films, including one by fellow SUNY Purchase alum Paul Yates, followed by a live set by myself and Mike Berk.

Audiovisual artists Daniel Vatsky and Mike Berk perform and collaborate using a system of linked laptop computers, generating and interconnected set of sounds and images, all created live in the moment. Observers have called their work "intelligent", "aesthetically beautiful", and"f.... awesome, dude"
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday, July 15th
    The Psychasthenia Society
    Galapagos Art Space
    70 North 6th Street
    Williamsburg
    (between Wythe and Kent,
    L train to Bedford Ave.)
    8:00 pm sharp
    $5.00
    http://www.psychasthenia.com

Yet another installment (volume 7, I believe) of laptop stories and music, with all new and exciting musicians to round out the evening.

Jon Keith Brunelle -- strange tales from the Republican National Convention
    Mad EP -- somnambulistic space cowboy breaks and downtempo grooves
    Igor Grundik Kasyansky -- electronics, shortwave radio, quiet music from a leading Israeli experimental musician
    Velapene Screen -- songs to check your heart rate against
    Daniel Vatsky -- improvised visual hallucinations
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Both great shows well worth checking out. It may be a while till my next performance so come see while you can!

Dan