Video designer needed immediately for San Francisco show
  • sarak

Video designer needed immediately for San Francisco show

by sarak » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 am

I am looking for a video designer to work with for an upcoming performance in mid October, so looking to start working with someone as soon as possible. The show is in San Francisco and I prefer someone who lives in the Bay area or will be here during this time. Ideally am hoping to find someone who can create original content including shooting, editing, maybe some animation/fx, and who can run live interactive video during the show. If I cant find all of that in one person I might hire 2 different people or just focus more on the pre-edited video or live video depending on the strengths of who I find to work with. This is somewhat short notice because the person who I had booked for it had to back out at the last minute. This is a paid gig.

I've been creating and performing multimedia performance for many years, and experimenting with live interactive video in performance for the last 5 years. My work has gained acclaim for its innovative integration of live performance, interactive media, non-linear narrative, movement, song and sound. The October show is a work in progress that has been commissioned by Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Counterpulse and a Magic Theatre/ZSpace New Works Initiative and is part of YBCA's 2008 Bay Area Now Festival. It is slated to premiere at YBCA in late 2009/early 2010. So there is the opportunity to continue working on the project next year for the premiere.
    The performances are Oct 10-12th, and tech rehearsals are Oct 5-10th, mostly day times but some evenings. If you do live interactive video in the piece you will need to attend some rehearsals between now and then. If you just do pre-recorded video design you will need to be at fewer rehearsals. Below are some press quotes about my work. I am in the midst of designing a new website so dont have recent examples of the work online but can get you something if we talk.

If you are interested please contact me IMMEDIATELY, as I am hoping to confirm someone right away. Please let me know if I can see samples of your work online and be sure to include your phone number so we can talk in more detail on the phone.

Thanks!
    Sara
    kraftywork@sbcglobal.net

"Bay Area performance artist Sara Kraft's low-key brilliance by now merits a neologism: krafty (with a k!). Krafty = shrewd, inventive, technically savvy, wry, playful, tuneful, eerie, unsettling, and, generally speaking, not to be missed." (SF Bay Guardian)

"Inspired, gorgeous... revelatory… Shrewdly unites media and theme to make at once obvious and strange the Mobius strip carrying technological and mental projections of ourselves to the world and back again.”- (SF Bay Guardian)

"Using a fusion of layered projected image, music, dance, and acting to incredible effect... a haunting tapestry."- (San Francisco Weekly)