PLAN-B
  • ilan

PLAN-B

by ilan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:29 pm

PLAN-B
    - LANCE BLISTERS (US/EU)
    - Antonin De Bemels (BE)
    - Rafaël (BE/SP)

An a/v salon when everything goes wrong.

Thursday, Nov. 12th
    (8:30pm) $8

RSVP: monkeytownhq@gmail.com

I am visiting New York for a month. As I lived there/here for 15 years I am not content with just hanging out while doing all of the other tasks that I am usually engaged with. All of the people included in this event are Mapping Festival veterans and represent certain aspects its curatorial vision.

LANCE BLISTERS
    http://lanceblisters.com
    LIVE Jungle, Breakcore, Punk, and Noise performed with MIDI Guitar and Microphone, using custom software to create cutup political anthems. LIVE synchronized visual transcriptions of the songs' subjects. LANCE BLISTERS was initiated in 2003 to SMASH THE STATE with a show which will ROCK YOUR FACE OFF!

LANCE BLISTERS is a live multimedia band currently comprising Lance Blisters (music) and Ilan Katin (visuals). Separately and together, they have played hundreds of shows in NYC and Europe over the last 6 years, sharing stages with artists including Venetian Snares, Jega, U-ziq, Datach'i, Soundmurderer, Drop The Lime and Genesis P-Orridge, at venues including Tonic, Knitting Factory, Rothko, Chashama in Times Square, and many lofts and warehouses.

Antonin De Bemels (BE) http://www.antonindb.be/
    De Bemels is a belgian audiovisual artist. He creates short experimental videos, video backgrounds, soundtracks for contemporary dance pieces and mixed-media installations. He will present an audiovisual performance about Bonhomme Daniel, his fictional alter-ego...

Rafaël (BE/SP) www.myspace.com/leafar.be
    Rafaël has worked as a video director and live video performer,
    but his main occupation is photography. The photography and video images
    are processed with a computer into rhythmical sequences. Rafaël’s work
    has been shown, among others, at the ICA (Institute for Contemporary Arts
    in London), Outvidéo in Russia, Vidéoformes in France, etc…”

For the same information plus a few extras check out the Facebook
    event page.
    VJFranzK
    super8 member

by VJFranzK » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:44 pm

You all have a strong and individualistic approach to AV! Wish I could be there
    youtube.com/vjfranzk
    Subscribe! ;-)
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 pm

Would have been great to meet you as well. I will probably be back again next November. Not sure if I will be doing this again though. I just learned from someone that MonkeyTown is closing its doors.