LANCE BLISTERS A/V DEMO
  • ilan

LANCE BLISTERS A/V DEMO

by ilan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:28 pm

We have been collaborating on this project for almost over a year now. Lots of discussions, trial and error, I can try to count how many shows, Custom modules (I think there are about 7 of them for the whole show), intergration of Trigger Finger (bless that damn thing). The first song currently uses a wirelss midi protocol so that the guitar controls the visuals. Everything else is a result of me, the trigger finger and lots of rehearsals.

Lance did the edits. All the graphics are custom made with stuff grabbed from the internet or drawn by hand by me.

Enjoy... be inspired... drink beer.

http://lanceblisters.com/Lance_Sampler_ ... 6__mid.mov
    Last edited by ilan on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • bonsak

by bonsak » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 am

I think the link is broken.

Regards
    Bonsak
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:15 pm

Ooops. Try it again... I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:25 pm

So you are doing all that live and nothing is being controlled by the guitar in subsequent songs? Very good work man, lots of effort put into it.
    Despite not digging the music completely (I like breakcore, but I am particularly NOT fond of people yelling at mikes), the show as a whole looks great thanks to your visuls.

You are using the hacked no-interpolation modul8, right? Looks so on teh pixelated thingies.

What does he exactly control with the guitar? Seems like he's controlling loop slices but I am not sure.

Keep up the good work!
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Actually... the first song was also performed using a Trigger Finger. I totally forgot that we had not implemented the wireless midi sync control with the guitar. The other piece that uses wireless midi would be 'LIBERTY' but only for the parts where the pot smokers divide using the matrix in the transform effects. Other then that it's all rehearsals. We get together every week and rehearse.

Overall it's been a very rewarding experience. Working very closely with a musician really allows me to push myself in terms of connecting with the music more closely then just throwing some cool looking images on the screen. I think it's very challenging to try and say something. We talk a lot about what kind of imagery works. Sometimes I have a bunch of ideas and we don't know exactly how the images will be played to the music. We try to arrange the media and controls within modul8 match the layout of the trigger finger so that playing the images is not cumbersome.

Thank you for the feedback. Very much appreciated.
    VJFranzK
    super8 member

by VJFranzK » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:56 pm

So is the guitar controlling the music by MIDI then?

(I dont hear much strumming!) ;-)
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Yes. It is a midi guitar. The tones from the guitar are translated into midi data that are used to trigger audio samples and and control modul8.

The reason you do not hear any strumming is because the guitar sounds are not used.