Touchboard & Madmapper OSC functionality
  • sputnik

Touchboard & Madmapper OSC functionality

by sputnik » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi,
    I was wondering if such a scenario would be possible. When animation No. 1 is triggered thru Touchboard and OSC then shows up in Madmapper ,then shortly after animation No2 is triggered/pressed .They do overlap/run at the same time. It works perfectly for short movies with short sound effects. But if I want to show sth longer then I have a problem with overlapping sound. Would it be possible to disable somehow playback of movie No.1 when pressing movie No.2 ? Or rather I should ask the question Bare Conductive guys and ask for Arduino code alteration. Just don't know on which end this should be resolved. Touchboard code or Madmapper's .
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Touchboard & Madmapper OSC functionality

by mad-matt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:27 pm

You can do whatever you want in MadMapper from an OSC controller. Please explain what OSC addresses you're actually sending and what you control.
    You can switch media by starting a cue (then you can set a fade time) using /cues/Bank-1/scenes/by_cell/col_1 or just changing the media assigned to a surface using /surfaces/myQuad/media_number for instance.
  • sputnik

by sputnik » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm

You can do whatever you want in MadMapper from an OSC controller. Please explain what OSC addresses you're actually sending and what you control.
    You can switch media by starting a cue (then you can set a fade time) using /cues/Bank-1/scenes/by_cell/col_1 or just changing the media assigned to a surface using /surfaces/myQuad/media_number for instance.
    My bad. It is communicating with Madmapper thru Midi (Arduino script attached). And rather than changing medias on single surface , I have set of 12 surfaces with different medias assigned to them & triggered thru different sensors on Touchboard.I had similar problem with Minimad & Picap.
    Attachments
    Midi_interface_generic.zip
    (3.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:49 pm

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve, but if you understood controls (open the "control list", choose MIDI tab, press the "+" button on the left and you'll see all available addresses) & cues (https://madmapper.com/doc/cues/?utm_sou ... 2018-08-21 and tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QS-tww ... C96NaS8p7H) you'll find your way !