Arduino/Teensy Communication Issue for routing Artnet to USB
  • chuckinmap

Arduino/Teensy Communication Issue for routing Artnet to USB

by chuckinmap » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 am

Hi there !

I followed the different steps suggested in the led tutorial with teensy/arduino to drive leds from Madmapper through "Artnet Usb" and got stuck with an issue i cannot overcome.

I 've tested the Arduino FastLED - Simple test sketch and everything is fine. The LEDs perfectly fade in and out but whenever I use the simple line sketch with the same settings (led number, led protocol, data pin), it does not drive anything. At start, i thought it could come from my Leonardo and bought a Teensy V4.0 but the same issue comes up.
    Madmapper is able to see the usb device and i can select it and set it as mentioned in the tutorial.
    However, whenever i create a fixture nothing happens. I currently word under the demo version (so it s supposed to have random cuts) but still not get any result when dmx data should be sent.

Anyone got stuck with the setting that could help me out ? This is actually my first time using madmapper with this kind of led feature.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Gear :
    Macbook Pro 15" 2018 (usb A through usb c hub)
    macOS Mojave
    Madmapper Demo Version 3.7.4
    Teensy v4.0
    Led Strip WS2812B
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Arduino/Teensy Communication Issue for routing Artnet to USB

by mad-matt » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 am

Can you send a screenshot of you ArtNet => LED routing table ?
    If you use the arduino patch we provide with the line "#define JUST_TEST_LEDS" uncommented
  • chuckinmap

by chuckinmap » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:08 pm

hi Matt,

Sorry for the delay, i could not put hands on my stuff.
    I made a few new tries on this led issues and i've noticed different things.

- when I open Madmapper Led device panel, the baudrate is different from the one in the Arduino code (230400 instead of 921600). I tried to change on the Madmapper side and on the Arduino Side but still get no answer from the led strip. Could it cause any issue ?
    - I tested the Simple Line code with JUST_TEST_LEDS uncommented and it did not work until i introduced a slight delay at the end (delay(5)) to notice it actually fades in and out. I guess it might be because the Teensy 4 calculates too fast the loop so i cannot see it but i wanted to know wether it's a normal behaviour ?

I join the screenshot you asked and hope we'll find the solution for this issue.
    Attachments
    Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 13.54.02.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 13.54.02.png (536.57 KiB) Viewed 71 times
  • chuckinmap

by chuckinmap » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:12 pm

ps : i also noticed Madmapper kind of freezes when I modify some parameter in the Led device panel. I cannot quit the panel anymore.