8 Outputs @ 4k
    caneron
    activ8 member

8 Outputs @ 4k

by caneron » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Trying to figure out the best way to do this out of a single machine. Thought I'd posted about this before but couldn't find the thread.

I can easily get 4 outputs @ 4k no problem with a single P4000 card

However, as soon as I start using the second P4000 card and use any of the outputs on it at 4k, my frame rate becomes trash.

With that same config I can easily get 8 outputs at 1080 using both cards and get a good frame rate (or even 16 outputs at 1080 using MST or FX4s out of one of the cards).

Has anyone got this to work out of a single machine yet?

System specs:
    i9 8-Core
    64 GBs Ram
    2x P4000
    M2 SSD 1TB
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: 8 Outputs @ 4k

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 pm

P4000 is not so good, nVidia RTX 2080 is cheaper and has better performances (2x faster): https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/N ... 6vsm250990
  • simonhu

Re: 8 Outputs @ 4k

by simonhu » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi,
    I guess that Nvidia Geforce cards will not solve your problems, it probably makes your situation more frustrating...

Geforce cards do not allow you to set ID on the Outputs. The number of connected outputs are defined from Windows. Once you have reboot your PC, you struggle with putting correct output destinations to the correct projectors. After every reboot Windows will put your projector by random numbering.

The only solution in my mind is using a Quadro card oder Matrox, Advoli. There you can define exact each output destinations as well you can set the EDID manually. Those functionality are only available with professional graphic card or I am wrong?

Propably thats the reason why you are using P4000 cards and not more powerful and cheaper Geforce cards!?

Have you done any tests with a quadro P5000 cards? I know cost more than a car...
    We made some tests with an 6x HDBaseT card (advoli). We got a good frame rate although we saw stuttering in the videos. The stutter at 60fps was by far not so bad as it is with a P4000 with 4 outputs.