Newbie to Video Jockeying. need help ASAP
  • moosiclover2

Newbie to Video Jockeying. need help ASAP

by moosiclover2 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:54 am

Hi,

I am in a band and we play tons of Led Zeppelin. We are putting on a show on May 17. www.pypeband.com is our website.

We are wanting to incorporate video (via projector thru Mac or PC computer) into our show. I am very new to Video Jockey'ing and are needed to find the best program to suit our needs.

We would like to be able to:

control isolated video output to multiple screens (projector, TV's) at all times, with instantaneous BLACK OUT option, as no live music performance is the same.

We will have only the projector available for the May 17 show, but we need to play a video (with audio included) for the show intro, then be able to black out, fade out, etc and then load next video for manual PLAY, all on an isolated video out so nobody can see us scrolling around with the desktop/mouse.

Can you tell me more information on VJ;ing, and specifically Modul8?

I need a trial version or something to work for Saturday. Would this work for what we need? I have about 6 video clips that I would like to play at different times throughout our 2 hour show. In between video clips, I would like to be able to throw up a photo for the duratoin of a song or two, or just have the screen pitch BLACK OUT.

Can you provide me with more info on your product and whether or not it will fit our needs?

Also, we are looking to purchase a product, so a free 15 trial would be perfect for this urgent need as we intend on implementing video shows at every show in the future, but the venue will change, so we may be able to use the projector, or just 2 Tv'S, or perhaps projector AND TV's, or also Live Video camera feed projected up, either from my guitar, or by the drummer, or a crowd camera....etc.

I need help!! Are there any experts out there who can guide me please?!?!?!

thanks.