(lpn) Media Set Load (master) Module Issue - V3.1.7
  • radiofreebc
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm

    (lpn) Media Set Load (master) Module Issue - V3.1.7

    by radiofreebc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:53 am

    I have been using Modul8 V2.9 for years, but had to upgrade my Mac to OS Catalina today. After upgrading the OS, I discovered I also had to upgrade my Modul8 software from V2.9 to 3.1.7. So, I bought the upgrade and migrated all my old modules to the new folder.

    However, I've noticed a serious issue with the (lpn) Media Set Load (master) module. In the previous version, the list of preset mediasets displayed in the module was ordered...in the order I added them to the module (which was numbered from 000-254). However, when I now run the module, the preset mediasets in the folder are not displayed sequentially anymore.

    I am hoping there is an fix, as this is a module I use all the time to organize/load/clear my media. I've looked through the code, but I'm not a coder, so I was unable to figure anything out. If anyone can help me get this fixed, that would be greatly appreciated...since this module is really the centerpiece of how I organize my clips/mediasets. I'm not sure of any other modules that can organize a large number of mediasets like that.
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.14.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.14.06 AM.png (226.73 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
  • radiofreebc
    Posts: 28
    Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:08 pm

    Re: (lpn) Media Set Load (master) Module Issue - V3.1.7

    by radiofreebc » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:28 pm

    Solved it. I needed to add a line of code to the script:

    # Media Set Load module
    # Written by VJ Danger modified by Gael Abegg-Gauthey aka Lupin - 2012

    # ©© This module is licensed under a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution - Non commercial - ShareAlike license.
    # To view the license follow this link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
    # If you wish to use this module commercially (ie. for paid public performance, etc.), please contact me to authorise usage.

    # Comments, suggestions, donations:- gael@mrlupin.com

    if modul8.getValue ('direct_version',0) < 2.55 :

    import os, urllib
    from xml.dom import minidom
    from xml.dom.minidom import Document
    def refreshtree(basepath):
    mediasets = []
    print basepath
    if os.path.isdir(basepath) :
    for fn in os.listdir(basepath):
    if ext==".m8s":

    def clearMediaset(nset):
    for n in range ((int(nset-1)*16),(int(nset-1)*16+16),1):
    modul8.setValue('direct_media_change',[n,'' ],0)

    def clearAllMediaset():
    for n in range (128):
    modul8.setValue('direct_media_change',[n, ''],0)

    if not os.path.exists(basepath):

    module.setValue('basepath', 0, basepath)

    I added the "file_list.sort(key=int)" line to it, and it works perfectly.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests