Locked 44 posts
Is a Linux or Windows version planned?
    cal6n
    activ8 member

by cal6n » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Quite frankly, gmint has told it like it is. If you're serious about using modul8, you'll shell out for the required hardware. A lot of the work is farmed out to the graphics card (as I understand it) so, even if it ran on windows, you'd need a fairly high spec (read expensive) PC lappie to really use it. The Intel Apple lappies are anticipated very soon and they'll run XP as well as OS X if you really need to use windows. Of course, they'll be more expensive than a bargain basement PC but IMHO, they'll be priced reasonably when compared with comparable Wintels. I reckon it'll be cool to be able to run Modul8, Resolume and Grid Pro from the same machine.
  • worst-connection

by worst-connection » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:48 am

hi!!!!
    i want a m8 windows version!!!!!
    please do it!!!!!!!!!
    you have the best soft ever,make me play it PLEASE........ :cry: :cry: :oops:

by Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:25 pm

worst-connection wrote:i want a m8 windows version!!!!!

btw: me too!
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:21 pm

I don't find it necessary now with the jump to Intel processors.

Someone will hack the OS X to bits so it runs on any stock PC anyway.

User Demand

by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:40 pm

Please make a windows version. :wink:

by Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:53 am

just develop it for windows planforms guy...You see...not all of us VJs work in MACs! go for it you gonna sell it for shure couse this soft is exellen-the festest and dynamic one I`ve ever seen...unfortunatly not in plan to have Mac also
    VJ eXaVi

by Guest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:55 am

Anonymous wrote:just develop it for windows planforms guys...You see...not all of us VJs work in MACs! go for it you gonna sell it for shure cause this soft is exellent-the fastest and dynamic one I`ve ever seen...unfortunatly not in plan to have Mac also
    VJ eXaVi
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:21 pm

Allow me to translate what many of those asking for a windows version are really saying:

Windows user: Come on, I've already shelled out $800 bucks on this no brand PC and I don't have the money to buy a Mac, but I'll have no problem paying $300 for the program if you release it for windows, honest!

Translated: I can't afford to buy a Mac, and I sure as hell can't afford to buy a $300 piece of software so would you please release it for windows so I can download a cracked version off of BitTorrent?
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
    cal6n
    activ8 member

by cal6n » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:...unfortunatly not in plan to have Mac also...

Well, not in plan to run Modul8, either!

If it's in your plan to run Modul8, better be in your plan to run a Mac, as well.

by Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:00 am

You guys need to work on the PC version!
    There's just no way I'm gonna buy a Mac just for Module8 ... I know people who would buy a Windows version as well
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:40 am

All these pirate guests are starting to annoy me.

by Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:01 pm

hi ,
    soon there will be some other solutions :
    the first one if you've got a peecee is :
    http://www.osx86project.org
    it is maybe a way ro run a mac OS X on a peecee , then this kind of platform wiil be able to support the 2 systems like the new macintel ,

the second , is to buy a mac intel , apple's said that it will be possible to run XP or vista ,
    now the war between mac and intel users is finished!!!! then i'm so happy :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • zarbel

by zarbel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:47 am

please make a native window or linux version!!

PC version!

by Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:05 pm

I am at a school with only PCs and we would love to buy your program!! We are in Germany and do not get Mac discounts like schools in the US so it is not possible for us to make the switch. Please make this program for the PC!
  • bighairmusic

by bighairmusic » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:26 pm

Being entirely selfish i would like it to stay Mac only, so it can support all the Mac only features such as Coreimage, CoreMidi, Quartz Composer etc etc... I think this will make the software faster and leaner, than if it includes lots of cross platform code.

Having said that i don't know how much the apple switch to intel means for ease of cross platforum developement though....

Also, there is no sign of Resolume coming to Mac, so its nice to have an advantage now and again...
Locked 44 posts