Analog Video Capture Device / PCI Card for 4+ Analog Cameras
  • toxsin

Analog Video Capture Device / PCI Card for 4+ Analog Cameras

by toxsin » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:18 pm

Hi all,

i am looking for a device (USB) or PCI Card wich is able to capture a minimum of 4 analog video inputs (composit video). I have 5 old pacelog helmet cameras and want to use them with madmapper.

minimum is 4 at the same time. does anyone have a suggestion? I allready tried to use USB Video Grabber with one video input like this one:

But it is not possible to get more than one at the same time working. I tried with other brands aswell, but with no luck. In seperate they work well with one cam connected, but as soon a second one (even from a different brand) is connected only one USB grabber will work. I think they all share the same driver in the background (i did install the matching driver from the associated installer cd).

So maybe there is some blackmagic device or other analog video grabber input device wich will work anyone can suggest?

System:
    - Madmapper 4
    - Windows 10
    - Hardware can be choosen to be fit

thanks in advance
    toxsin
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Analog Video Capture Device / PCI Card for 4+ Analog Cameras

by mad-matt » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:28 pm

You can check this one: https://www.dvbgear.com/video_capture/o ... ture_card/
    Or maybe use four single channel input USB devices ? It will be cheaper in the end but you have to find a reliable one.
    On Windows, you just need your device to be compatible with Microsoft DirectShow. On macOS with AVFoundation.
  • toxsin

by toxsin » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:55 am

thank you mad-matt for your suggestion! this would be an option. but i think i would rather go with a black magic device.

https://www.thomann.de/de/blackmagic_de ... _duo_2.htm

this on is able to capture besides SDI a signal with SD Video with 525i/59,94 NTSC, 625i/50 PAL aswell. 4 bi-directional i/o. maybe it is possible to casscade 2 cards. i have to look into this.

The USB Devices work in general, but not 2 devices at the same time unfortunatly. i think it is because even different brands use the same chip. All of them i have tested, are compatible with MS DirectShow.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:29 pm

I haven't recommended that one because you were requesting analog, it you can use SDI, this should be perfect with this one.
  • toxsin

by toxsin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:50 pm

ahh you are right. it is not analog. damn. then i think i have to go with this additionel...

...into the Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converters and then into the Blackmagic PCI Capture card. But i try it first without the blackmagic capture card, to see if the quality of these Analog to HDMI converters is ok.

thanks mad-matt
  • tontechnik

by tontechnik » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:46 pm

Look for an Osprey 460e. I use the older 450e and it works well with Madmapper.
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:11 pm

or you could use an analog quad multiplexer and only one capture card...

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Professional-An ... 3154913358