Mad mapper DMX
  • demanemiel

Mad mapper DMX

by demanemiel » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi

I am using mad mapper and control it thru midi controls.
    Now in this covid period I whant to upgrade my ifrastructure, but don't exectly know how.

is it possible to conect the ''Showtec Creator Compact DMX controller'' to mad mapper (it has no midi IN/OUT port)
    if not possible, I also do have the ''ayra oso scene 48'' (this control table has midi)

What can I do for this tu work?

Importand! I do not want to contol the light thru mad mapper, but instead I want to use the control tabel's faders for example to fade in and out a layer opaciti.

Thank you
    greetings
    Emiel
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Mad mapper DMX

by mad-matt » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:31 am

Sure, adlmost all parameters in MadMapper are controllable from MIDI / DMX / OSC / ...
    In preferences / DMX Input, choose you input device (ie ArtNet universe 0). Then right click a parameter (ie a cue cell, a surface opacity) and choose "Add DMX Control", then in the controls dialog choose the DMX channel to control this.
    Now you have made the link from a DMX dimmer to a parameter in MadMapper.
    It supports 16 bits channels. You can also make your own custom fixture definition, since you can map a Quad 4 handles X/Y in 16 bits, dimmer, RGB, media type, media number. So MadMapper can act as a standard media server, even if it doesn't internally have predefined fixtures for layers.