Mad Mapper OSC Communication
  • sivaramakrishnan

Mad Mapper OSC Communication

by sivaramakrishnan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi Team,

My client using mad mapper for projection. He want to control few things of mad mapper like switching between scenes. Now i am handling it using OSC communication via server application. Now i can able to change the opacity just by sending OSC message (server and mad mapper app are in same wifi network).

I have following questions
    1. Is there any doc to find the list of things in mad mapper that can be controlled using a OSC message?
    2. can switch to desktop mode just by sending osc message?
    3. Can i access or modify the images used in the scenes using any common shared image folder or via any API ?

Note:
    I am not used to mad mapper software. But i want to know about the list of things that i can control using OSC message.

Thanks in advance
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Mad Mapper OSC Communication

by mad-matt » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:32 pm

1. Is there any doc to find the list of things in mad mapper that can be controlled using a OSC message?
    Yes, in menu Help / OSC Channels List
    You can also right click any assignable widget and choose "Copy OSC Address", it will copy the OSC address of this parameter to the clipboard.
    You can also open "Controls List" from Edit menu, press the "+" button and you'll see all available addresses. Some are not accessible via user interface.
    MadMapper also implements OSC Query protocol. You can open this in your browser: http://127.0.0.1:8010/?
    2. can switch to desktop mode just by sending osc message?
    Yes, you can see that when pressing the "+" inn Controls List: /outputs/Projector-1/enabled

3. Can i access or modify the images used in the scenes using any common shared image folder or via any API ?

You can do that with a "Image Folder Player". Just drag & drop a folder with one or multiple images in MM, then MM will observe the folder and automatically update the Image Folder Player media.