Use faders to control cues opacity
  • Pablus

Use faders to control cues opacity

by Pablus » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Hey!
    We have a led installation and we wish to use it live for an event. Does anybody know if there is a way to use the faders of a midi controller in order to controll the opacity of the differents cues (like in modul8)?

For the moment we just switch between the cues but it’s less usable for live vjing.

If anybody could help us, thanks a lot!
    Pablo
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Use faders to control cues opacity

by mad-matt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi Pablo,
    For live control as you present it, I will use many surfaces and map my faders to surface opacity. Not using cues at all. But it really depends on the setup you need. In any case, there's no opacity notion on cues, cues are just sending values to a set of parameters, without an optional fade transition. A cue can just store a parameter of a media for instance, so having an "opacity" on that wouldn't make sense.
    Let me know if it's not clear!
    Matt
  • twann29

by twann29 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:17 am

HI Pablo,
    You can also make a group of all your surfaces and map for live control the opacity of your "master " group in each cues.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Correct. Small precision: surfaces that have opacity at "0%" will not be rendered at all, also movies attached to surfaces fully transparent (opacity 0%) will be paused (for this use case), so having lots of surfaces and controlling opacity will not impact performances.