Addressable LED Issue NEED HELP!
  • reupalex

Addressable LED Issue NEED HELP!

by reupalex » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:52 pm

Hey!

I'm newer to the Madmapper game but I already love it so much, I have lots and lots of flexible LEDS that are addressable and I'm able to plug them into my DMXking LeDMX4 PRO's which I have 4 of, I would imagine that when I plug these in and run them that the entire length of the LED would be usable and the data would reach but they seem to stop at a certain point no matter what light I plug in. I've definitely had a couple people mess with them at events and get them to run the full length by changing settings but I can't figure out where to start (picture provided below). SFX-01 W 0.25M seems to reach a bit farther than SFX-01 W 1M, I'm thinking this might be where the problem is because it switches to universe 2 when I use SFX-01 W 0.25M. Could it be how my LeDMX4 PRO is configured? or maybe it's simply my settings on Mad Mapper?

My second problem that I'm having is that I can only access lights on channel 1 on my DMXking LeDMX4 PRO, once I plug into any other channel nothing happens. I provided my settings and what I'm looking at on mad mapper along with a picture of my lights, I hope this helps in some sort of way.
    Attachments
    IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg (64.84 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
    screen 1.PNG
    screen 1.PNG (86.79 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
    screen 2.PNG
    screen 2.PNG (271.58 KiB) Viewed 2594 times
  • Benoit
    ultim8 member

Re: Addressable LED Issue NEED HELP!

by Benoit » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:56 pm

you need to double-check two settings:
    - your controller interface in the MadMapper Preferences settings
    - your fixture definition -> you should not use the garageCube one (since you're not using them) but perhaps create your own one. Here's an helpful video playlist : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a7Rqk7 ... a-K0CkRLtC
  • reupalex

Re: Addressable LED Issue NEED HELP!

by reupalex » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:17 pm

I made a custom fixture and it didn't help with the issue but it did help me understand the program and capability of the lights. I think that my best bet would be to get the other channels on the LeDMX4 pro working. Even if I change the channel on Mad Mapper I can only get channel 1 to work on my art nodes. Any suggestions would be helpful, I have an event on Friday and can work with what I've got but I'd love to figure something out.