trigger madMapper from other device
  • techtheater

trigger madMapper from other device

by techtheater » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 am

I would like to set up madMapper to run specific content (scenes?) when triggered from an external controller. I know I can use MIDI, DMX, ArtNET, sACN, OSC to SEND control to other devices, but can it also RECIEVE? Specifically, I want to synchronize video content with my professional/theatrical lighting console with the primary operator at the lighting console and nobody touching the madMapper computer once setup is done. Can I do this? How? Thanks!
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: trigger madMapper from other device

by franz » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 pm

you can add a control to any parameter in madmapper, including the triggering of cues.
    be sure to check these videos first, then the concept is applicable to dmx, osc ... as well

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... F8HcJxS4S2
  • pka_pka

Re: trigger madMapper from other device

by pka_pka » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:14 am

Yeah, check the tutorials, they´re great - I run a control system where I have a MIDI console with fader pickup for adjustments on the fly, in addition to triggering cues from GrandMA and programming + adjusting more basic parts of the show. So nobody touches the Madmapper Mac once it is set up.

Control system is extremely flexible and open, allowing you to adjust values floor/ceiling, converting signals, copy paste OSC from faders ++