Multisystem? MM on 4 PC
  • bodis.tv

Multisystem? MM on 4 PC

by bodis.tv » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:14 am

Hi I have a big mapping with 4 PC and 10 / up to 12 projector.
    Each PC has one quadro.
    Is it possible to map over different machines?
    I know edge blending works fine on one machine.

It should run a Show 24/7 and switch between the clips a view Times on the day.

Peter
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Multisystem? MM on 4 PC

by mad-matt » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:58 am

Personally I would be more comfortable with a single powerful machines and video splitters (3 Datapath FX4 ou 3 Matrox Quadhead2Go) than using 4 machines. Also 4 machines means you'll have no hardware synchronizations between them so video projector refresh will not happen simultaneously, imagine you want to edge blend on a stroboscope effect, that wouldn't work. Of course on a movie slowly moving that won't be an issue.
    Technically Soft-edge can be handle between surfaces on different computers in MadMapper.
    Synchronizing video playback on multiple machines is complicated if you have audio, without audio you can set your movie to "pause" and broadcast an OSC control from an application to control the playback position on all computers (ie send a floating point value to "/medias/myMovie.mov/position_sec" or send an integer value to "/medias/myMovie.mov/position_frame").
    Synchronizing materials animation would require synchronizing the "restart" (a single osc message to "/medias/myMaterial/restart" on all machines would be ok)
    But it's easier to drive all from one computer and use splitters to have a single GPU.
  • bodis.tv

Re: Multisystem? MM on 4 PC

by bodis.tv » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:44 am

Hi
    TNX for the post.
    In my case I have 4 stumpfl wings PC for this project but I realy like the MM more🤪. With wings it works almost fine but the mapping Setup and masking is realy painfull. 😥.
    Payback and timeline works almost fine. I hope this will comes soon in MM
    So I have already 3 year old expensive machines and it was a try to change the Software 😉.
    The projector Setup is realy dirty, 10 with different overlay and not mounted in a line. 🤦🏻‍♂️

TNX Peter