Cues and Scheduler
  • daviddenker

Cues and Scheduler

by daviddenker » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Hey madmapper volks,

I just worked intensive with the Cue-Scheduler Module an have a few feature requests / ideas for improvement / questions:

CueList:
    When selecting multiple cues from left to right in multiple columns and drag them as group at the end of the last column only one new column will be created. It would be great to create as many columns as needed to attach the selected group behind the last column. Otherwise an input dialog to set a number of new rows/columns could work as well.

Cue Scheduler
    From my point of view the cue/videoloop topic is very complicated if you want to loop a specific range of cues with videos inside:
    E.g. I want to loop row 10 cue 1-2, all other cues in row 1-2 get triggered as well, I understood that this is the concept: I trigger a column and all cues in this column will be triggered at the same time. If that is the case, I don't unterstand the possibility to Start a "specific cue" or "Start Cues in Range". It would be great to describe the behavior and idea behind in the Userguide of the Cue Scheduler.

At test button for the action/task in the Cue Scheduler would be great as well. I always hat to set the schedule to the next current minute or second, to test it.

I'm not sure but when activating the "Switch on movie loop end" option in the "Automate" tab, "Mode" and "Interval" will be obsolete. So the could be disabled / greyed out?

Thanks in advance!
    Best David
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Cues and Scheduler

by mad-matt » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:16 pm

CueList:
    When selecting multiple cues from left to right in multiple columns and drag them as group at the end of the last column only one new column will be created. It would be great to create as many columns as needed to attach the selected group behind the last column. Otherwise an input dialog to set a number of new rows/columns could work as well.
    Indeed. That's a good feature request. At the moment you can insert many column i the excel way (sorry), just select N columns and right click / Layout / Insert Columns After => it will insert N columns after.
    Cue Scheduler
    From my point of view the cue/videoloop topic is very complicated if you want to loop a specific range of cues with videos inside:
    E.g. I want to loop row 10 cue 1-2, all other cues in row 1-2 get triggered as well, I understood that this is the concept: I trigger a column and all cues in this column will be triggered at the same time. If that is the case, I don't unterstand the possibility to Start a "specific cue" or "Start Cues in Range". It would be great to describe the behavior and idea behind in the Userguide of the Cue Scheduler.
    I don't understand, if you select "Start Cues in Range", it will just trigger the cue in the range (ie start row 2 - end row 2 => will only start cues on row 2). Isn't it ? I just tested and it's ok.
    Attachments
    Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 16.15.12.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 16.15.12.png (196.61 KiB) Viewed 1089 times