OSC Windows client?
  • timbrass
    activ8 member

OSC Windows client?

by timbrass » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:15 am

Is there an OSC client that works on Windows? Even a Command Line client would be sufficient.
  • timbrass
    activ8 member

Re: OSC Windows client?

by timbrass » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:35 am

I have found a free Android client that works (OSC Controller). In OSC Controller you set the target IP address (of the MM instance) and Port number (8010) and OSC path to / and then configure the OSC path names and min/max values. It doesn't appear to be able to send text strings (which is what I was trying to do)
  • timbrass
    activ8 member

Re: OSC Windows client?

by timbrass » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:18 pm

I'll answer my own question - it might be useful for others! TouchOSC works (Android and Windows) but don't make the mistake I made of buying the TouchOSC mk1 app (with 'OSC' logo)which doesn't work with files created in the Windows version (waiting to see if Google will refund) you need to get the TouchOSC version (3 rectangles logo). Running TouchOSC on a phone with Accelerometer and Gyroscope is quite cool. You can control MM content by waving your phone around (TouchOSC converts the movement into OSC messages that you put into your MM control list!). TouchOSC can send to multiple instances of MM, so I'm going to try synchronising 2 copies of MM running on different machines via consistent OSC messages.