General Newbee questions about cues and scenes
  • play.vj

General Newbee questions about cues and scenes

by play.vj » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I will use MadMapper for a theater production and want to clear something with the community before i start setting cues and scenes.

Is the Cue/Scene sequencing meant to be horizontal. Meaning that cues are placed into the first line of the cue "grid" only.
    I'm asking this because I cant seem to create a keyboard trigger, that would go "next/previous" Cue vertically, down one column.
    The Next-Cue goes down one step vertically and than goes to the right hand side, into the next column (horizontally) and keeps going right. I would expect next_cue to keep moving vertically, and go horizontally when the scene is switched.

I'm programming the show for a video tech who will later perform the show, and want to make the MadMapper side of things as simple as possible. Preferably just one key (next cue or next column, next scene...).

So the question is: Is the right logic to place scenes and cues horizontally in two rows (1 scenes 2 cues) and use the "columns/start_next" trigger?

I hope this makes any sense :)
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: General Newbee questions about cues and scenes

by mad-matt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:44 am

Hi,
    Indeed the logic is to go from left to right. but if you use only cues, you can use control "/cues/selected/cues/start_next" to start next cue, this one will move to next row when reaching cue bank right. You have to create this control from the Controls List as in attached screen shot.
    Is the right logic to place scenes and cues horizontally in two rows (1 scenes 2 cues) and use the "columns/start_next" trigger?
    If you trigger a column with a Scene, MadMapper will not trigger cues below it because the scene will anyway override any cue parameter since the Scenes contain everything (all parameters of all objects). You should mix scenes and cues in the same column if you trigger by column.
    Attachments
    Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 10.42.20.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-07 at 10.42.20.png (182.68 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
  • play.vj

Re: General Newbee questions about cues and scenes

by play.vj » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:58 am

Thank's Matt

Makes sense. What confused me was the look of the GUI that shows cues and scenes as a grid rather than a timeline and no way to make a control shortcut that travels vertically trough a column of cues.