Surface parameters shared trough Scene's
  • play.vj

Surface parameters shared trough Scene's

by play.vj » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:23 pm

Hello,

So some parameters, like "Input" are "shared" among scenes and others like "FX and MeshWarp" are not. What I mean is that when i Create multiple scenes that use the same Quad surface, I can save some parameters in different scenes, for instance the material that is applied to the quad or the FX that is active. These work and are stored in a Scene. But if i change the input value that seems to effect all the stored scenes.

Why is that?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Surface parameters shared trough Scene's

by mad-matt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:12 pm

if i change the input value that seems to effect all the stored scenes.
    What do you mean by "input value" ?
    Which version of MadMapper ?
  • play.vj

by play.vj » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:31 am

MadMapper 5.0.6

By input values I mean, the properties of X&Y pos. and rotation of a quad surface. When I connect these to a oscillator, to shake the video. The shaking effects all the stored cues where the same quad is used. (Edited to add)Just noticed that this only happens when linking a parameter to an oscillator, just doing a change to the parameter value is stored in one Cue only.

I was hoping that like this I could create the shaking effect for some videos and have some without. The logic for this comes from that fact that Visual properties of a quad can be saved into a cue and than changed in another cue. I followed the same logic but did not come to a result.

There is a ISF that affects the position, so I'm not stuck here. But would rather know why this is so, so I can apply the logic in further learning of the software
  • play.vj

by play.vj » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:58 am

Did some more research and concluded that what was confusing me is the fact that controls are stored globally. Once a control is set it overrides cue/scene stored values.