MadLaser and Multiple LaserCube Output!!! Anyone have the old version download Link?
  • rafacancado

MadLaser and Multiple LaserCube Output!!! Anyone have the old version download Link?

by rafacancado » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:22 pm

Hello, I'm having a problem using multiple laser cubes as output in madlaser. In previous versions like 5.0.2 I was able to do this easily, it was just updating to 5.0.6 that I couldn't do it anymore. It recognizes the 3 but when I send a signal to each one individually it sends the 3 signals only to one. I've tried to change the cable, network and everything but I can't make it send a signal to each cube. any ideas for this problem? Thanks a lot
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: MadLaser and Multiple LaserCube Output!!! Anyone have the old version download Link?

by mad-matt » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:03 pm

Can you drive them separately in Laser OS ?
    What's you IP setup ?
    Did you change anything o network side ?
    Let us know if it works in 5.0.2 if you test now. If it's the case, we'll find out.
  • imflex

Re: MadLaser and Multiple LaserCube Output!!! Anyone have the old version download Link?

by imflex » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:56 pm

Hi, I'm having the same problems. So my setup is x2 LaserCube Pro 2.5W and LaserCube USB 1W. Previously tried on ver 5.0.2 (windows), was ok after changing the IP of LaserCube Pro 2.5W, 1 is default (192.168.1.1) and 2nd one (192.168.1.10). After upgrading to ver 5.0.7(windows and m1 mac) it no longer reads the LaserCube Pro 2.5W as 2 separate ones. No problem connecting 1 Pro and 1 USB. but when connecting 2 Pros, you get to see it on the drop down box, but when trying to Arm laser using the test pattern, it comes out gibberish, as if there's some problem with the scanners, and it only comes out from 1 of the Pro. Any ideas ? I've tried all sorts of connection, connecting on separate ethernet to usb c/ ethernet to usb A/ connecting through router/ networkswitch etc, and also having all 3 on different connections. Tried on MAC/ Windows. Managed to try on a MAC (m1) using ver 5.0.4 also unable to project all 3. probably a problem that started on either ver 5.0.3/ ver 5.0.4

So another problem even on the 5.0.2, when I connect all 3 sometime it works sometimes it doesnt, eg. when I try to change custom kpps to 35000 the app hangs. bt when all 3 works, ITS MAGIC ! Please HELP !

(update) : Realised also when it works on the 5.0.2 when plugging in x2 LaserCube Pro 2.5W, when projecting same image, eg. 2 lines, 1 of the scanners will somehow have a very slight subtle flash/ darkening on the lines (something to do with scanners ?)
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:45 pm

That's fixed in 5.1.0 available now (thanks to LaserCube team who sent me a second device)
  • imflex

by imflex » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:23 pm

THANKS MATT ! It works now ! So I've had success with a PC routing all 3 Lasers, Lasercube PRO 2.5W x2, and Lasercube USB 1W. However on an M1 Mac, it detects the Lasercube USB, and you are able to see it on the dropdown box, but it cant output anything. I've tried to test with LaserOs and also Modulasers both detects the Lasercube USB 1W, not sure if its a Mac thing or what. Also for the custom scanrates, I cant seem to set to 35kpps, it'll either freeze or no output for both Mac and PC.

Attached are some tests that I've done, matching projection output with 3 laser dispatch, and also having 3 lasers aligned but playing separate parts of content.
    IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg (154.21 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
    IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg (210.5 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
    IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg (133.37 KiB) Viewed 1263 times

Thanks again for the update !