Question about ISF video filters
  • play.vj

Question about ISF video filters

by play.vj » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Hello,

Im trying to use a ISF "layerPosition" Its a simple X/Y control for a input image. However I cant seem to figure out how it shuld work in MadMapper.

Here is a link to the ISF:
    https://editor.isf.video/shaders/603380 ... 0014cdc57b

I tryed to:

Load the ISF trough the "media ISF" interface, but it only loads it as a material onto a quad, no idea how I can send a input image trough it.

Copy/Paste the code into the code editor. This was a long shot since I have no coding experience. It gives a error in line 1...

Copy the .vs and .fs into the FactorySurface2DFX folder and restart MadMapper. I can load something called layer position, but there are no parameters to be seen in the effects panel.

I'm shure that I missed something, any help apreciated.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Question about ISF video filters

by mad-matt » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:24 pm

You can use the ISF as it is (just drag & drop the folder in MadMapper preview). You'll be able to select the visual in the ISF media parameters.
    But best would be to make it a Surface FX. Do you want the effect to move your surface in the output ? Or to change the input rectangle ?
  • play.vj

Re: Question about ISF video filters

by play.vj » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:39 pm

Thank's Matt

I missed the input variable in the ISF parameters. How would it be made into a surface FX? I would use it to move the material on the surface not the output geometry. Alltough I dont know the exact difference betwene the two :)