Export results from LED Scan
  • rna_parts

Export results from LED Scan

by rna_parts » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:33 am

HI, I want to Scan a VERY large tree with lights. I need to use a laptop to capture all the fixtures that the LED Scanner will generate. When I am done, I will group it into a group called tree. I want to be able to export that group of fixtures from my laptop copy of MadMapper and import that group into my desktop copy of MadMapper. I have looked all over for how to export all the values so that I can import them.

- Export a group of fixtures
    - Import that group into a separate copy of MadMapper.

Any help?
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Export results from LED Scan

by mad-matt » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:03 pm

i don't understand. You can just save your project and reloading on the other computer.
    If what you want to do is to merge fixtures from a scan into an existing project, this is doable. You have to load the MadMapper project of your scan on the machine with the project to merge to, select all fixtures, copy (Cmd/Ctrl+C), the reopen the final project and paste (Cmd/Ctrl+V).
  • rna_parts

by rna_parts » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:38 am

@mad-matt. Thank you for the copy paste work around. This was exactly what I needed. I did it one set at a time to make sure Here is also a fun fact that may help others. I have around 600+ fixtures in Madmapper (it is a very large installation... 5 town blocks). Madmapper file size was getting big. I opened a new project and copy / pasted all of my fixtures. each time I saved, I looked at the .mad file size. pretty interesting results. by doing this, I reduced the .mad file size from 61.4 MB to 17.7 MB. I have all the same materials and images as the other one. I even tried "remove unused medias" on the large one.

Somehow over time it looks like the .mad file gets bloated. This was a great way to slim it down.

As a side note: This revealed a limitation I will post elsewhere about having too many fixtures. Once I added too many fixtures (about 300) during my copy paste process, external applications could no longer read in the fixture library to interact with it. On a more powerful multi processor server, it did handle all the fixtures perfectly.
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 4.37.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 4.37.51 PM.png (19.25 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:39 am

Somehow over time it looks like the .mad file gets bloated. This was a great way to slim it down
    Are you sure you had no scenes or cues stored in the original project (large file size) ? That could explain since each scenes stored the complete state of your 600 fixtures.
    If that doesn't explain, could you send me this project file ? I'm quite curious why this would happen.