Video Output Orientation
  • al.mapper

Video Output Orientation

by al.mapper » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:53 am

Hi. This is my first post on the forum and I'm fairly new to MadMapper.

I'm having an issue with the orientation of my projector outputs relating to my surface in the software. I'm using X3 projectors, one in its standard landscape orientation and two above that in portrait orientation (see attached screengrab as an example)

The two projectors in portrait orientation need to stay physically upright (not put on their sides to achieve 'portrait'). So I need to change the orientation within MadMapper or some other software. Adjusting the orientation in the video output window (as in attached 'image 2') doesn't do this correctly, it just results in a smaller section of the landscape output of that projector being utilised.

I've searched high and low for an option within MadMapper, but to no avail. I've also tried changing the orientation of the projectors within my MacBook Pro's Display settings.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as this is a fairly urgent query.

Many thanks,

Alex
    Attachments
    image 2.png
    image 2.png (257.77 KiB) Viewed 608 times
    Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 09.41.36.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 09.41.36.png (35.87 KiB) Viewed 608 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Video Output Orientation

by mad-matt » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:28 pm

I don't see any issue looking at your preview. The setup of rotating the Video Output in MadMapper by 90 degrees is correct. If you know put a text horizontal in MadMapper preview, it should have the same orientation on the output screen/projector that is rotated.
    If it's not the case please send a picture of the outputs & the preview so we can understand.