Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors
  • leaaaa

Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

by leaaaa » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:34 pm

Hey everyone,

I have a Soft Edge interrogation: in short, is the kind of 2x2 projectors setup I'm showing in the attached pictures possible easily in MadMapper?

More specifically, I'm wondering about the brightness of the zone I've circled in red, where all 4 quads overlap. I understand that I can adjust the soft edge on all four dimensions of each quad, but how do I take into account the fact that there are four quads overlapping in this spot and not only two?
    Won't the brightness look weird? Should I mask this zone in two of the quads so that it becomes a blending between only two?
    I've worked with edge blending before, but only with 3 projectors set side by side so I only needed to blend each on 1 dimension. I don't have the projectors at the moment so I can't check the result right now but I'd like to know beforehand and all the video resources I've found so far only show 1-dimension blending.

I hope my question is clear enough, thanks in advance!

Léa
    Attachments
    preview.png
    preview of the 4 projectors in MM
    preview.png (56.88 KiB) Viewed 232 times
    drawing.png
    drawing of the overlapping zones
    drawing.png (10.34 KiB) Viewed 232 times
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

by mad-matt » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:46 pm

If your video projectors have a about the same luminosity response to input signal (gamma), it will work like that.
  • leaaaa

Re: Question about Soft Edge with 4 projectors

by leaaaa » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:25 pm

If your video projectors have a about the same luminosity response to input signal (gamma), it will work like that.
    Great, thanks for the reply!