Audio input - changed on PC now unable to change to previous setting
  • rebekkahleliapalov

Audio input - changed on PC now unable to change to previous setting

by rebekkahleliapalov » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 am

Hello,

I'm having a problem, would very much appreciate some help.

I have MadMapper running on a PC. I had in MadMapper Preferences set the Audio Input to MadMapper output, to make the change a MadMapper restart was required. this was great.

then, I changed in Preferences the Audio Input to ASIO or Blackmagic ( not precise recall, the PC with MadMapper is at the University I am at home now). Again a restart was required. I was attempting to get balanced audio in from a dongle on DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, from the forums it appears this will not work.

Now there is no longer an option to set in Preferences, Audio Input to MadMapper output.

Do i need to reinstall Madmapper? to regain the Audio Input to MadMapper output option?

thank you!
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Audio input - changed on PC now unable to change to previous setting

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:04 pm

When selecting ASIO instead of DirectSound, you lose the ability to the select the input and output devices separately, in favor of selecting a device that will be used for both input and output.

What happens, using DirectSound, when selecting the Blackmagic device as an input?

Also, can you confirm "MadMapper Output" is present as an input device when using DirectSound?