Audio and Video - TIMING?
  • Theresa94!!

Audio and Video - TIMING?

by Theresa94!! » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:15 am

Hi at all,
    i´m rather new to the wohle mad mapping thing and now i´ve got a stupid question. I cant find the answer in any tutorial video or sth...

I´d like to add some music (mp3) i´ve choosen already to my light show. To every song i´d like to show some fitting materials from mad mapper and maybe also some other free video/animation stuff i found online. The video-part is no problem i got how to manage that with scenes and cues. But i don´t unterstand how i can put the sound in.... If i start some songs on my windows media player the materials are reacting when i set up some sound control - thats cool. BUT ... i´d like to decide which cue is shown to which song...is there no function which allowes to match sound and video? So that i e.g. can show a england flagg just at the second when iron maiden intro shows up at..idk maybe 3:45 of my whole soundfile?

It would be really greate if somebody could release the node in my brain :D
    thx and best regards from Bavaria! so - sorry for my bad english ;)
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Audio and Video - TIMING?

by franz » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:29 pm

I'd suggest using an external timeline application, such as Vezer if you're on the mac platform.
  • rna_parts

by rna_parts » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:27 am

This is NOT a dumb question. Many of us would like an intuitive way to drop a soundtrack and then time all our animations to parts of the music. Especially for a fixed projection mapping project on a building where your audio has to match up to your visuals.

Having a simple timeline like any movie or sound editing software where you could trigger your madmapper scenes or queues would be a game changer.

Thankfully contributors here have pointed us to external tools like Vezer where in a complicated way we can get it done, but man, what if a simple track view with queue triggers were built right into Madmapper? Awesomeness

Another option is to drop your track into final cut or iMovie (Mac) and export all of your animation sequences via SYPHON then splice and fade together and export video that way.
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

by jasonbeyers » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:52 pm

I like to use Ableton Live (Suite) for preprogrammed sequences with music + madmapper cues. I far prefer Ableton Live to Vezier for timeline control.

Take a look at this live device, to simplify the madmapper integration: https://forum.garagecube.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35741
    Attachments
    ECA4DDF1-AFA7-4575-9A7D-B4D74703C9AF.png
    ECA4DDF1-AFA7-4575-9A7D-B4D74703C9AF.png (304.88 KiB) Viewed 3349 times