Space Scanner Canon M100
  • SIMCO100

Space Scanner Canon M100

by SIMCO100 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 am

Hi all

I've got a new canon m100 and am struggling to get the space scanner working on mapper with it. "Image quality should be set to jpeg only (not RAW or jpeg + RAW)" is the error message (despite setting being to jpeg only). Not even getting a live preview of the camera feed in the space scanner window. Connected via USB at the moment. Suspect its something obvious but after an hour of googling and headbanging hoped someone might have encountered this before here!

Much appreciated !
  • SIMCO100

Re: Space Scanner Canon M100

by SIMCO100 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:35 pm

Meant to add I'm running on windows with the latest version of MadMapper. :D
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:24 pm

Please:
    Activate logging (Ctrl/Cmd+click on MadMapper Tools menu => Enable Log),
    Restart MadMapper,
    Reproduce the issue and from menu Tools choose "Send Current Log"
    Let me know when it's done, I'll check what's happenning
  • SIMCO100

by SIMCO100 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Thanks Mat, done and log sent. Opening the space scanner caused my camera to turn off, I turn it back on and it reappears in the camera drop down and then the previous error message occurs when i try to capture with it.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Ok I saw the log file.
    "Image quality should be set to jpeg only (not RAW or jpeg + RAW)" is the error message
    Normally the message also shows "Image quality setting value:" and some value. Can you tell me the complete error message ?

In your log I see:
    WARNING: EdsSetPropertyData EvfMode = 1 returned "(0xc1) EDS_ERR_COMM_DISCONNECTED"
    WARNING: Unable to start viewfinder
    which suggest we got disconnected from the device. Maybe that's why requesting image format doesn't return a correct value.

Are you using a USB3 Type C port with a USB hub or adapter ?
    I suppose canon is USB2, some USB hubs could are not handling properly making a bridge between USB3 host and USB2 device. We solved some issues with USB DMX devices by just changing USB-C adapter.
  • SIMCO100

by SIMCO100 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:31 am

still struggling with this, new error message is "for better result: auto focus mode should be set to manual. set your camera to manual mode" same issue with camera disconnect on first open of space scanner. reboot camera when space scanner window has appeared and camera shows up in dropdown (without preview).

re previous suggestion; not using a usb hub straight into usb3 port on machine.

Thanks
    Simon
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 am

Hi,
    Which version ? We solved a few issues in MM 4.0.3 or 4.0.4. The Canon SDK is not perfect. We did a workaround for an issue about Image Quality. And we solved a possible issue that could happen if you switch to another camera and then back to the Canon one.
    If you still have issues with this version, please uninstall Canon Utility and try again.
    Let me know
    Matt
  • SIMCO100

by SIMCO100 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Thanks Matt, same error unfortunately. Operating on version 4.3. Canon utility no longer installed. Definitely its Manual mode, all auto settings are switched off but maybe it is something do with my camera settings as the error is the same on different machine which is a mac not pc. Screen grab of error attached. Si
    Attachments
    screen grab MM.png
    screen grab MM.png (16.51 KiB) Viewed 2514 times