Possible Issue when corner mapping with HDMI to SDI on Mac OSX
  • CaseyJScalf
    activ8 member

Possible Issue when corner mapping with HDMI to SDI on Mac OSX

by CaseyJScalf » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:15 am

Hello there I have been trying to achieve SDI video transmission on a new projector.

I am having an issue where when I corner pin something the signal will drop.

This will happen on any media from images to videos. I can scale and otherwise move the image. It can be a video. No problem. However only when I corner pin will the signal drop.

And all my years I have not experienced this error and I tried a lot of different things but nothing helped.

This video should help explain the problem.

Hopefully we can figure out what the bug is and get it fixed! Thank you for your help.

https://youtu.be/TSPmBJb1Kbc
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Possible Issue when corner mapping with HDMI to SDI on Mac OSX

by mad-matt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:11 pm

For sure MadMapper send the same signal to the HDMI than if you have no HDMI->SDI converter below.
    I suppose you have an SDI connection issue that triggers depending on the input signal. To "debug" the issue, I would suggest putting MadMapper in a state where the SDI signal is lost at projector, take Syphon Record (and publish MadMapper projector to syphon) so you get a perfect movie of MM fullscreen output. Now you can send the same signal as MadMapper from QuickTime player. You should get the same issue. If that's the case, you know you don't have to look in MM to find out.
  • CaseyJScalf
    activ8 member

Re: Possible Issue when corner mapping with HDMI to SDI on Mac OSX

by CaseyJScalf » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:12 am

That's a great way to look at it!

I ended up going with NDI and it has been working great.